President Mulatu Teshome appointed today 11 Ambassador Plenipotentiaries.
The newly-appointed Ambassador Plenipotentiaries are:
1/Kasa Tekleberhane – Member of ANDM and EPRDF executive committees and Minister of Federal Affairs Minister since October 2015.
2/ Shiferaw Teklemariam – Member of SEPDM and EPRDF executive committees. He was appointed Education Minister last October.
3. Amb. Berhane Gebre-Christos – A TPLF veteran. He was Special Envoy of the Prime Minister since late 2015.
4. Aster Mamo (f) – Member of OPDO and EPRDF Executive Committees. She was Dep Chair of OPDO and Minister of Public Service with the rank of Dep. PM until last October.
5. Merga Bekana (Professor) – Chairperson of National Election Board of Ethiopia with the rank of Minister. Merga’s post ended this year, since the law limits a Chairperson of the National Election Board from serving more than two terms.
6. Admassu Tsegaye – President of Addis Ababa University
7. Ambassador Tebeje Berhe – Director General for the Americas at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
8. Lulit Zewde (f) – Director General for Africa at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
9. Mulugeta Zewde – Director General for International Organisations at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
10. Metasebia Tadesse – Diplomat at an Ethiopian Embassy abroad. Formerly Director General of Human Resources at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
11. Ali Suleiman – Chief Commissioner of Federal Anti-Corruption and Ethics Commission.
The government didn’t disclose yet the post of the new Ambassador Plenipotentiaries.
The President also appointed in the rank of Ambassador Ewenetu Blata, head of the Prime Minister’s special office and Protocol.