AIDF is a UK based independent platform engaged in improving aid and international development through research and high profile events held at the UN and government buildings in Asia, Africa, North America and Europe for more than a decade.
AIDF Africa summit 2016 will be attended by senior government officials from the region as well as high-ranking representatives of United Nations agencies, international and regional NGOs, CBOs, investors and donors, research institutes and the private sector, will attend the summit.
The summit will deliberate on how technological innovations and best practice can improve aid delivery and development strategy in East Africa. Over 200 participants have so far registered to attend the event, which will take place at the United Nations Conference Centre in Addis Ababa, according to organizers.
The list of speakers and topics include:
– Opening Keynote Address by H.E. Dr Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma, Chairperson of the African Union Commission
– Mobile innovations for humanitarian and development work, moderated by Christopher Hoffman, Regional Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs Director of World Vision (Kenya) with participation from Dr Sharad Sapra, UNICEF and Nada El Marji, Inmarsat
– New financing and electronic payment models with insight offered by Lorenz Wild, Mercy Corps and Silvester O. Kobare, CARE
– Humanitarian logistics and supply chain challenges with participation of Rishi Ramrakha, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Eva Mwai, North Star Alliance and Anne Signe Hørstad, Transparency International Norway
– An update on health initiatives and innovations with John Graham, Country Director of Save the Children as panel moderator and Dr Martina Fuchs, Real Medicine Foundation, Brigitte Dacosta, bioMérieux and Lena Wahlhed, HemoCue as participating speakers
– Outlook on WASH innovations and good practice by Manoj Kumar, Country Director, Ethiopia, Plan International, Dr Patrick Marcus, Kaercher FUTURETECH and Dr Samuel Godfrey, UNICEF
– Keynote speech on supporting and empowering women by Nardos Bekele-Thomas, Resident Coordinator & Representative of UNDP, United Nations Kenya
The complete speaker list and agenda as well as registration form could be accessed at http://africa.aidforum.org
HornAffairs will be reporting on the summit as media partner of AIDF Africa Summit 2016.