HornAffairs takes your privacy very seriously.
Information that HornAffairs collects
You are not required to provide personal information in order to view HornAffairs. However, when you use certain functions, such as commenting on news/articles; subscribing to newsletters and register for account on HornAffairs network, we may ask you to provide contact information, such as name, email address.
1. We may use the information that we collect to send you e-mail communications, such as news/articles updates, announcements and promotional messages about our own or our marketing partners’ products and services. If you signed up for one of our email newsletters, we also will send you the newsletter that you requested.
2. If you had shared personal contact details with us (through article submission, subscription, commenting and others) and do not have direct access to the specific page where that information is stored; you may have that information updated or amended by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. We adopt economically feasible and reasonable procedures to help protect information about you from loss, misuse, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using the Site, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
4. In order to learn more about how our Site is used, we aggregate and analyze the data that we collect. We may use this information, for example, to monitor and analyze use of the Site, to increase our Site’s functionality, and to better tailor our content and design to suit our visitors’ needs.
5. We may use the information that we collect to prevent IP addresses from overcrowding the site with fake as well as to protect our rights and the rights of our users. In addition to the uses identified above, we may use the information that we collect for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
HornAffairs values your privacy and takes reasonable precautions to that end. However, there are several cases in which third-party services can collect information, which include but not limited to:
1. When you access HornAffairs using Facebook, twitter, Google+, etc.:
To customize your experience and simplify the comment/registration process, we provide you with the opportunity to access or interact with third-party services, such as Facebook and Twitter. In addition, if you connect to a Facebook account, your experience on the Site may be personalized. For example, you may automatically see what stories are popular in your network, and what your friends are saying about particular stories. Please note that you may disconnect third party accounts at any time.
3. External links: HornAffairs’ webpages contain external links: On News/articles citing another website; Download links to other sites (such as GoogleDrive); Links to video sharing sites; and Advertisements’ banners. Please note that HornAffairs have no control of those external websites and we recommend that you read the privacy policies of each website that you visit.
Effective Date: October 2014.
While we pledge to do our best to protect the information our readers provide to HornAffairs and plan to provide informative posts that enhance our readers’ grasp of online security; you should not lose sight of the need to equip yourself with the basics.
* Internet privacy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_privacy
* Social networking service – Issues – Privacy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_networking_service#Issues
* Privacy enhancing technologies (PET) – http://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/wiki/index.php/PET
* Anonymous Surfing – http://www.anonic.org/anonymous-surfing.html
* Visit the website of Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising and http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp
Copyright 2010-2015 © HornAffairs